A great team
At Special Care Pharmacy Services, we know that collaborating closely with physicians, pharmaceutical companies, and payers makes it easier to provide an excellent service to our patients.
We work with drug manufacturers throughout the entire life cycle of a product, from research and clinical trials until the product reaches the patient. It is our duty to be present during these and other processes that may directly affect the treatment we provide our patients.
Keeping a consistent focus on the patients’ well-being is what ensures the success and effectiveness of pharmaceutical product launches and support programs. Therefore, our business principles are aligned with our patients’ needs.
Benefits for manufacturers
- Complete and accurate data reports
- Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS)
- Administration of the Patient Assistance Program
- Programs for treatment adherence and monitoring therapy compliance
- Patient education programs regarding the administration of medications and therapies
- Staff devoted to helping identify available financial resources
- Program for Adverse Event and Complaint Reports related to the products
- Analysis and evaluation of reported incidents
- Team of experts in the administration of specialized drugs
- Administration of limited-distribution drugs
- Ability to deliver all around the island, including Vieques and Culebra
- Pharmacy counseling services
- Assistance during after-hours, in case of emergency, and weekends
- Quality Control Department
- We are in full compliance with federal and state laws and regulations
Accredited by The Joint Commission since 2007.
Why choose special care pharmacy services?
We are the leading specialty pharmacy in Puerto Rico because we do much more than just dispatching medications. We offer personalized services for patients and physicians, and we work alongside pharmaceutical companies and payers to offer excellent products and services.
Special Care Pharmacy Services has the advantage of being a Puerto Rican company with full knowledge of the cultural characteristics that inform our patients’ expectations and habits, as well as the business practices of physicians, insurance companies, and pharmacy benefit managers (PBM) in the island.
We value our clinical staff. We have highly qualified pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and nurses, as well as the most experienced service representatives and delivery technicians in the market.
The safety of our patients is our priority. Our pharmacists, nursing staff, and support personnel have been trained in compliance with federal and local laws and regulations, as well as with our own safety and quality measures.
Responsibilities within Quality Control:
- Analysis of adverse event trends, incidents, and reported customer complaints
- Quality control processes for efficient pharmacy operations
- Training of all company employees at least once a year to ensure compliance with:
- Internal policies and procedures
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), including the training offered by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Medicare and Medicaid services
- Fraud, Abuse, and Waste Prevention
- Client satisfaction surveys
Centers of Excellence
Select a Center of Excellence to learn more about our areas of expertise.