Special Care Pharmacy Services is the leading independent specialty pharmacy in Puerto Rico.
We provide specialty drugs and patient care services to people dealing with chronic and complex conditions such as cancer, inflammatory and autoimmune conditions, bleeding and rare genetic disorders, multiple sclerosis and infectious diseases, among others.
In addition to specialty drugs, we offer patients numerous personalized services, including:
- call support outside of working hours
- pharmaceutical counseling
- patient education and adherence programs
- prior authorization assistance
- third-party financial aid
- and more
We also help patients address their unique medication needs and challenges by collaborating with doctors, health insurance companies, and drug manufacturers.
Special Care Pharmacy has the advantage of being a Puerto Rican company that understands the local cultural forces that shape the expectations and habits of patients, as well as the business practices of physicians, insurance companies and PBMs on the island. All of this results in added benefits and higher quality service for our patients.
The patients we serve are our reason for being. Creating the best experience possible for them is our responsibility.
To provide optimal patient care and improve patient outcomes to meet or exceed customer expectations. Special Care Pharmacy and its employees will be recognized for bringing excellence and quality in every service provided.
To work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals to provide optimal pharmaceutical care to all patients, promoting positive patient outcomes and adherence to therapy.
WHY SPECIAL CARE PHARMACY?
- Locally owned and run company
- First specialty pharmacy established in Puerto Rico (1997)
- High-touch customer service
- Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) program management
- Patient Assistance Program Management
- Drug and treatment adherence programs
- Joint Commission Home Care Accreditation since 2007
- Quality Assurance department
- Adverse effect report generation and submission
- Incident and submitted claims analysis and reporting
- Patient education programs for drug and therapy administration
- Therapy adherence programs
- Professional Business Executive team for visiting physicians and helping patients with their needs
- Financial assistance program for patients
- Dedicated staff for financial aid services through co-pay cards or non-profit organizations
- Free drug deliveries throughout the island
- Home infusion services
- Pharmacy consulting services
- Special assistance during non-working hours and on weekends and emergency assistance