Founded in 1997, Special Care Pharmacy Services is the first 100% Puerto Rican specialty pharmacy. It has been accredited by The Joint Commission (formerly known as the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations) since 2007.
We provide specialty medications and health care for patients with chronic and complex health conditions like cancer, multiple sclerosis, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, infectious diseases, hemophilia, genetic disorders, among others.
We also help satisfy patients’ needs and face the unique challenges involved in their treatment, collaborating and joining forces with physicians, health insurance companies, and drug manufacturers.
Being a fully Puerto Rican company, we understand the needs and expectations of our patients, as well as the clinical practices of physicians, insurance companies, and pharmacy benefit managers in the island. All of this leads to greater benefits and an improved quality of service for patients.
Además de medicamentos especializados, ofrecemos a los pacientes numerosos servicios personalizados, incluyendo:
- programas de educación al paciente
- consulta farmacéutica
- manejo de llamadas fuera de horas laborables
- programas de continuidad de tratamiento (adherencia)
- asistencia para el manejo de autorizaciones previas
- ayuda financiera (si cualifica)
To provide optimal health care for our patients, achieving maximum benefits frome prescribed therapy in order to meet or exceed our customers’ expectations and to ensure Special Care Pharmacy Services and its employees are acknowledged for the excellence and quality provided in every service rendered.
To work hand-in-hand with other health care professionals to provide optimal pharmaceutical care to all our patients, thus promoting positive results in their health as well as therapy adherence.
Our patients are our reason for being!
Providing them with the best experience is our responsibility.
Why choose Special Care Pharmacy Services?
- Our case managers are specialized by treatment or condition to provide personalized care to each one of our patients and guide them in the process to obtain their medications.
- We have a wide variety of medications under the Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) program, ensuring our process and safety compliance in order to protect our patients.
- Our clinical staff comprises pharmacists and nurses who help educate patients about their conditions and their medications’ key aspects and management in order to improve treatment adherence.
- Our team of Service Representatives has been strategically distributed among the different regions, where they assist pharmacy personnel with our patients and physicians in order to secure all the required documentation for the drug authorization process established by the insurer.
- We provide support for patients who wish to obtain financial assistance, either through copayment cards or nonprofit foundations, if the patient qualifies, to help them gain access to specialty drugs.
- We offer free medication delivery all over the island, including Vieques and Culebra.
- We provide Home Infusion services in order to prevent or reduce hospitalizations, facilitate an easier transition of care, and improve the patient’s experience and quality of life.
- We have key staff available after hours to answer questions or address issues related to your treatment.
- We run a joint local Patient Assistance Program with manufacturers to reduce communication and access barriers.