Greater compliance, better management of medications
Our patient centered approach t is based on personalized care, commitment to education, and strict monitoring. This way, treatment adherence is maximized and the misuse and mismanagement of medications is reduced
Efficiency is key
At Special Care Pharmacy Services, we value efficiency and proactive cost management. We understand how important these are for health insurance companies and pharmacy benefit managers. Our systems and procedures make pharmaceutical expenses more predictable and manageable.
Benefits for Payers
Our policies and procedures guarantee service of the highest quality for our patients and an efficient collaboration with our customers and partners.
- Optimal results
- Waste management through clinical evaluation
- High level of treatment compliance
- Efficient quality control
- Forms management
- Clinical interventions for therapy delivery
- Problem solving for drug-related issues
- Procurement of clinical documentation when requesting pre-authorizations
Why choose special care pharmacy services?
We are the leading specialty pharmacy in Puerto Rico because we do much more than just dispatching medications. We offer personalized services for patients and physicians, and we work alongside pharmaceutical companies and payers to offer excellent products and services.
Special Care Pharmacy Services has the advantage of being a Puerto Rican company with full knowledge of the cultural characteristics that inform our patients’ expectations and habits, as well as the business practices of physicians, insurance companies, and pharmacy benefit managers (PBM) in the island.
We value our clinical staff. We have highly qualified pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and nurses, as well as the most experienced service representatives and delivery technicians in the market.
Why work with us?
- First specialty pharmacy established in Puerto Rico in 1997
- Personalized and individualized customer service
- Accreditation from The Joint Commission (formerly known as the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations) since 2007
- Patient education programs regarding the administration of medications and therapies
- Home infusion services
- Free medication delivery throughout the island
- Staff devoted to helping identify available financial resources
- Programs for treatment adherence and monitoring therapy compliance
- Outpatient infusion centers (Professional Infusion Center) located in San Juan and Mayagüez
- A team of service representatives devoted to helping our patients, physicians, and pharmacy personnel with all the required documentation to ensure a faster drug authorization process
Centers of Excellence
Select a Center of Excellence to learn more about our areas of expertise.