About our infusion services
By infusion treatments, we mean the administration of drugs are injected directly into a vein. This type of treatment is also known as intravenous (IV) therapy.
There are various reasons why administering medications by infusion is preferable to other ways, such as orally, for example. The main reason is to have immediate access to the bloodstream so that the liquid medication or nutrients are -available to the body more rapidly and effectively.
It is also an alternative method to administer treatments for patients who cannot ingest or absorb treatments administered orally. This could happen, for example, if the patient has difficulty or is unable to swallow or if they have other complications related to the gastrointestinal system. Similarly, it is the preferred form of treatment for patients who cannot move, who are unconscious, or who present some other complication to receive their treatment. In some cases, certain medications are only available for IV administration.
In the most critical cases, infusion therapy allows for the immediate correction of fluid and electrolyte imbalances, since it quickly provides for your nutritional needs. Infusion therapies are also used when the patient’s condition requires the medication to act quickly.
Our home infusion services include the delivery of medication to you home and administration of medications by our trained and certified nursing staff, in compliance with federal and local laws.
Therapies available for home infusion:
- Total parenteral nutrition (TPN)
- Pain management (IV pump)
- Chemotherapy (5-FU IV intravenous pump)
- Specialty drugs
Requirements to receive home infusion services:
- Resource trained for patient care (for patients who cannot administer their own medication). The caretaker will receive training for the treatment.
- Patient’s mobility restricted to the home
- Medical order for home infusion (must be explicitly stated in the medical order)
- Medication must be approved for home infusion
- The patient must be medically stable
Professional Infusion Center
Aside from our home infusion service, we also have infusion centers in San Juan and Mayagüez. We also collaborate with other infusion centers around the island.
If you would like to set up an appointment or ask for more information, please contact us. Our staff will provide a top-notch service in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Prescription with diagnosis
- Copy of health plan card
- Medical justification
- Demographic information
- Results of diagnostic tests
- MCS (Commercial and Advantage)
- Triple S (Commercial, Advantage and Vital)
- MMM (Advantage and Vital)
- Actemra ®
- Benlysta ®
- Boniva ®
- Cimzia ®
- Cinryze* ®
- Entyvio ®
- Fasenra ®
- Gammagard Liquid ®
- Gammagard S/D ®
- Gamunex-C ®
- Inflectra ®
- Krystexxa ®
- Lemtrada ®
- Nucala ®
- Ocrevus ®
- Orencia ®
- Prolia ®
- Radicava ®
- Reclast ® /
- Remicade ®
- Renflexis ®
- Ruconest ®
- Simponi Aria ®
- Solu-Medrol ®
- Tysabri ®
- Xolair ®